A community uniting collaborative efforts and fulfilling the needs of the community by participating in efforts to create a heathier community and a place where families and youth can prosper.
Washington County Prevention Coalition implements evidence-based strategies and uses prevention science to increase protection and reduce risk factors for successful youth and a healthier community.
- Check out the data from the Student Health and Risk Prevention Survey used to drive our Community action plan.
- View our community readiness assessment report.
- View our Community action plan.
Washington County Prevention Coalition works to increase protective factors and decrease risk factors in our community by strengthening collaboration among community entities to reduce substance abuse among youth and adults through evidence-based strategies and programs.
Issues We Address
Washington County Prevention Coalition addresses problem behaviors and risk factors that prevent youth from achieving success. Our goals consist of:
- Decrease youth alcohol use and substance abuse including youth e-cigarette use.
- Increase youth involvement and fulfillment in their schools and community.
- Ensure our youth are aware of the dangers of drugs and alcohol on the developing brain.
- Working to increase family attachment by helping parents build a strong support system for their children by through evidence based strategies .
Help Washington youth succeed by joining Washington County Prevention Coalition. Get involved by participating in a workgroup, or talk to us about contributing your voice to the board each month.
Work groups require 1-2 hours each month. Each work group has the opportunity to meet on different schedules aside from regular monthly meetings.
Some meet regularly, others meet more intensely for short periods of time, and then don’t meet for a couple months.