We empower people through education and serve as a resource to connect our community to tools based on social determinants of health, equality, and access. We are stronger together!
The Weber CTC is working to prevent youth substance use and suicide in our community. Using prevention science as its base, we utilize the evidence-based framework of Communities That Care to promote healthy youth development, improves youth outcomes, and reduces problem behaviors. Included in the coalition are parents, grandparents, religious leaders, school personnel, law enforcement, and other local agencies and citizens from Eden, Liberty, Harrisville, Huntsville, North Ogden, and Pleasant View cities (the Weber Cone)
Issues We Address
We offer inclusive support to our community!
Some of our activities include:
- Hope Week
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Events
- Community Education Classes: Mental Health First Aid, Learning to Breath, Emotion Coaching, Guiding Good Choices
- Youth Council
- Advocacy and Education on Legislative Issues
- And more! When there is a need in our community, we jump in and try to help!
WCTC is represented by individuals and agencies who work, attend school, or reside in the Weber Cone. WCTC member agencies may have unlimited representation on the General Membership of the Coalition.
Email email@example.com to get involved!
The role of the General Membership is to participate in work groups, task forces, and, if desired, serve on the Community Board. Coalition members are expected to assume an active role in committee work and attend committee meetings on a regular basis.
Some of the Work Group Opportunities:
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Resource Assessment and Evaluation
- Community Board Maintenance
- Community Outreach and Public Relations
- Youth Group